The goal of this project is to create a small Lisp-Machine in an FPGA.
- The hardware will be defined in the Verilog language on a Spartan 3
- The concrete system I am working with is the
Spartan 3 Starter Kit from Digilent
- The core of the project is designing a CPU with Lisp optimized instruction set
together with a complete set of system software written in Lisp
- The CPU is mostly ready as synthesizable Verilog
- Currently an interpreter for Lisp in Lisp is mostly ready, a compiler (prototype) is operational
- A simple garbage collector (stop and copy) is ready
- A basic OS has to be be written
- A simulator for the CPU exists on a instruction level in Common Lisp
- Currently I use
Lispworks' free Lispworks Personal IDE for
The LispmFPGA computing fib(9) (with fib(0)=fib(1)=1, fib(k)=fib(k-1)+fib(k-2) and two tag bits zero to the right):
If you are interested in this project, you are invited to send me a mail at
At the moment I could really need help from someone who would
solder an SD/MMC card interface for the Spartan Board.
If you find the project interesting, but the documentation insufficient,
please send me an e-mail. I will take this as an occasion to write one.
A sad thruth about this website
Zuletzt geändert - 04 01 2011